Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Is it just me or...

After hearing countless Youtubers and bloggers rave about Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation I thought it was about time I gave it a go. I purchased it nearly a month ago and was using it almost daily until this week. I finally decided enough was enough, this is not for me!

But is it just me or is this product giving others unsatisfactory results?

To divulge... I bought the product as I wanted a full coverage foundation with a dewy finish. I have been a long devotee of everything MAC including their wonderful Studio Fix foundation. Trying a new foundation was like jumping off a bridge and hoping I could swim. Yet, I thought why not? Experiment. Change it up.

I was initially pleased with the Rimmel WMUF. At a reasonable prize, it contained a sufficient amount of product, great packaging (im a real stickler for packaging to be clean and sophisticated) and a clean smell. I thought I had finally hit a pot of gold. I found it a bit difficult to find a light enough shade for my skin however I settled on the lightest one available. Since it is summer and I am one step above ghost like, the shade seemed like it would suffice.

Once I got home and actually used the product I was just as pleased... initially. The colour actually looked fine once thoroughly blended, it gave a great coverage without feeling too heavy and the finish was just what I was looking for. (As I consider myself to have oily skin, it gave a me nice glow without looking like an oil field). I applied it with a Real Techniques Foundation Brush or the buffing brush depending on my mood.

After a few days I noticed my skin breaking out more than normal. After lots of pondering I concluded this foundation was the problem. My skin was so used to the light powder (yet full coverage) of MAC's studio fix that having a thick coat of foundation on did not allow my skin to breathe. To be fair, I am not sure if this is a problem of liquid foundation or Rimmel's product in particular but either way, this product is just not for my every day look.

I will still continue to use this product once in a while when I really want a glowing look but I just cant justify using it on a regular basis.

Until next time....
T∆NY∆

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame this product made you break out! :(
    But then again, everyone's skin is different, and you never really do know what to expect from a product until you start using it consistently :(

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete