ATM clearly stands for at the moment! As in what Im loving at the moment.
This post has been in the works for quite a while as Ive been crazy busy these past 2 weeks. But, Ive finally settled on my top 3 of the moment.
1. Revlon ColourStay Ultimate Suede. A few weeks back (yes, this is how long it takes for me to decided Im loving something) I was on a desperate hunt for a coral lipstick. Somehow I ended up selecting this product in the colour 'Cruise Collection 075'. And by somehow I obviously mean Emma Stone's face was beside it so I just HAD to buy it. Ive finally decided its worthy ATM. Here's why...
- It does what it says. The colour does in fact stay all day.
- The finish is very matte (which definitely attracted me at first). Sometimes, especially in the summer when your skin is dewy, or you want to play up the eyes, a matte (yet bold) lip just completes the look.
- Its versatile-- adding a coral or pinky lipgloss on top amps it up or adding a lip liner underneath (Ive been using MAC's 'Naked' lipliner) mutes the colour.
|The classy packaging makes it even harder to deny.|
2. Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Stick. After hearing great things about this product I decided I wanted to try it for myself. Its been two weeks and Ive collected 3 so far (this could become an addiction). I currently own '003 Bad Girl Bronze', '005 Tempting Turquoise' and '002 Bulletproof beige'. These excite me so much ATM Im not sure where to begin. They do claim to be waterproof and last 24hrs which I am a bit skeptical of but, nonetheless absolutely worth a purchase! Why?
- The colour selection. OMG. Im sure I could convince myself the worthiness of every single colour in this 9 shade collection.
- They're easy! Unless your going for makeup artist perfection, these are great for an every day, easy makeup look. Quite hard to 'mess up' as they look better messy. Lately, Ive been using the beige colour as a base all over the lid (since its light you can get away with little blending) then adding the bronze on the crease and outer corners--this step does require some blending effort).
- Sticks galore! Since they are in stick form they are great on-the-go. Easily kept in your handbag and you dont need a brush to blend (oh the multi-talents of our fingers).
|Ohhhh what a pretty combination [the blue (its called turquoise but its clearly blue) is great as a liner :)]|
3. Real Techniques Buffing Brush. A staple for beauty lovers and beauty bloggers alike, the hype is totally worth it. The whole Real Techniques collection is incredible but I am specifically liking this brush ATM.
- When used as intended-- ie to BUFF foundation-- it gives a flawless effect. And who doesnt want that? Ive always found it hard to get the perfect finish with my MAC Studio Fix foundation. Sam Chapman (the wonderful mind behind RT) recommended using the buffing brush with this product and I will never look back. Gives the perfect flawless finish.
- Cream blush's BFF. Cream blush can so easily become a disaster. Use the RT buffing brush to place the perfect amount on the apples of your cheeks. (Im a fan of Topshop's cream blush in 'Flush')
- Inexpensive. Not cheap-- inexpensive! Especially if you are just starting out with makeup or your brush collection. They do the job and you cannot complain for the price (or any reason for that matter).
|Bonus: they stand up all by themselves just like a big kid!|
I think thats enough for today. I hope its been inspirational.
Try not to spend all your money :)
Until next time....T∆NY∆