Monday, January 20, 2014

Face Routine

I often get asked for product recommendations on face cleansers/ moisturizers. Im not fully sure why as I am not any sort of authority on this matter nor do I have perfect skin but I thought this post would nonetheless be informative. 

Here is what I use on the daily.
Its pretty Clinique heavy. Not my fault they are good sales ladies!

Every morning I start by cleansing my face with Bioderma. I use the green one for this purpose as it says it is for oily skin, which I identify with. Basically just take this on a cotton pad and wipe your face clean! If I have any extra eye makeup that was not removed from the night before I use the Bioderma with the pink top for this purpose. (Note: Bioderma is wonderful. I recommend to all).
The small tube here is my current spot treatment. Its Keihl's Blue Herbal spot treatment. It works well enough. It dries spots up in about 2-4 applications (thats for the bigger spots). It has no smell and is clear. 
Bioderma Sebium H2o and Bioderma Sensibo H2o, Kiehl's Herbal Blue Spot Treatment


 Clarifying Lotion, Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, Moisture Surge Intense 
These three products are my next step. After the Bioderma, I use the clarifying lotion. I chose number 3 as it is for combination/oily skin. It has a funky smell but works well to get off the last bits of dirt and grime. Its in the 'toner' family but not called that as there is no alcohol in it. 
Next is moisturizing. This step is especially important in the winter. I chose the gel as opposed to the lotion as it is recommended for more oily skin. About 1.5-2 pumps of this works best for my face. I try to focus it on the nose and chin are which are usually most exposed to the cold air. 
Lastly, is the moisture surge intense. I only use this in the mornings when I feel especially dry. Usually, I leave it for the night time. (I use these same products in the evening but go extra heavy on the moisturizing). 

Below are the other two products I use regularly. On top, in the completely destroyed packaging, is the Lush Dark Angles scrub cleanser. This stuff is magnificent. It has a refreshing smell though its a mess to use. I only use this when I shower so the mess is semi contained. I really love how clean my face looks and feels after this. It is targeted at oily, acne pron skin. Although I do not think it helps with acne, it definitely limits my oily skin. Its a great deep cleanser for every other day use. You definitely have to use Bioderma or a toner right after to get all the black particles off your face.

Lush Dark Angels Scrub, Clinique Take the Day off Balm

Lastly here we have the ultimate... Clinique Take the Day off Balm.
It took my a while to get into this. I used it for about a week straight and was feeling kind of 'meh' about it. But then when I stopped using it I started to realize how great my skin looked before!
Basically its this balmy/milky weird solid substance. Take a bunch of it, rub it all over the face-- including eyes- and it melts the makeup away. After I wash it off with a cloth, I sometimes take a bit more and do another final cleanse with it. My skin feels SO soft and it looks great as well. Not to mention, there has yet to be one mascara to defeat this product. 
I often have to use the Bioderma on my eyes even after this but mostly just to clear away the last bits of black.
Note: this also comes in a milk format. Im not sure the difference. Milk on my face just sounded strange so I chose the balm! 

Currently, I am on the market for some eye products and a more intense, acne focused cleanser for daily use. Suggestions please!?


Until next time...
T∆NY∆

No comments:

Post a Comment